Friday

A Joyous Celebration Indeed!

My eldest daughter is officially 10. Yes, she turned 10 on 3 March 2013, which was an easy date to remember. I remember how small and cuddly she was when I first carry her in my arms and as time goes by, she is already a little girl with her own quirks and antics. How I wish time would stand still and she remains my little baby forever. But, life is moving very fast. Without I know it, she is already in her pre-teen age, developing interests in boys and know what love is all about. 

To celebrate her birthday, I had decided to order a cake from the bakery, too lazy to bake one for her. Her request - coffee cake. Hence, I ensured that the cake would be on the table when the time arrived. I opted for a simple decoration and thank God, she loved it. And, the cake was very good indeed. 

On my part, I decided to make a few simple food that were easy to prepare. I busied myself in the kitchen as early as 9 am, since we decided to cut the cake during lunch. I made a very simple fried vermicelli noddles, tuna sandwiches, vegetable salad and tasty food punch and drinks. With the help of my sister in law, she cooked butter rice which could be taken with chicken bbq, which was grilled by my brother. In fact, the birthday celebration was also to celebrate the birthday of my nephew, hence the more the merrier!

When the food was ready, we laid the table outside and began to fill the table with food and more food. Every one had his and her own contribution, with the girls helping to carry the plates, glasses and ice box. Also arranging the chairs.

The best part was, of course the gifts. Yes, she has been waiting for it and the more greater part was that, each and every one of them got a few small gifts as well.

What a joyous celebration indeed!

No comments: