Monday

Malaysian Omelette

Sometimes you crave to eat a very simple dish like an omelette. When I was young, this was often served on the table with other main dishes like curries, sambal, rendang or masak lemak. Sometimes, we (me and siblings) felt that our meals were not complete with this simple omelette and would see if it was served on the table. Our mom would serve this with hot rice. In those days, it used to be just eggs and salt and pepper. But sometimes my mom would put some shredded onions and small prawns to complement the taste. When I grew older and have a habit and interest to try out new recipes and different way or style of cooking, I would add in more ingredients like shredded capsicum, mushroom, carrots and potatoes. I normally will use what ever we have in the fridge and fry a very delicious omelette. The one I am having here is a very simple and easy to do. If you are hungry and you have nothing ready to eat, and you happen to have some eggs in the fridge, this will be it! Great with hot white rice or with bread. Do try!

Ingredients
5 eggs, beaten
1 pinch of salt
pepper, as desired
a pinch of cinnamon powder
a pinch of paprika
a pinch of dried chilly seeds

Methods
1. Beat all ingredients and fry in a non-stick frying pan until slightly crisp.

2. Serve with a plate of hot rice or bread.


*serves 2-4 people

No comments: