Wednesday

Sugi Sweet Dumplings

This is really a trial recipe that I was making. I saw a packet of sugi flour while getting my groceries the other day, and I have always been curious about this flour. I often wonder what type of dish that is suitable for this flour and how it would taste like. Well, I have tried sugi cookies before and I loved it, so I guess I wanted to experiment with it. It just so happen, a few days before I saw a woman chef made a sweet sugi dessert cooked with some sugar and milk, so I decided to give a try to this one. I did not recall clearly of how she did her sugi dessert, but mine was just the one that I invented myself! And it was not bad at all!

Ingredients
For the dumplings
6-8 table spoon sugi flour
1 can evaporated milk
4 table spoon coarse sugar

For the sauce
2 table spoon coffee @ Nescafe
1 table spoon sugar
hot water
* mix the coffee and sugar in hot water until the sugar is dissolved

Methods
1. In a pot, add in the sugar and milk. Stir until both ingredients are combined.

2. After that, add in the sugi flour and stir and mix well.

3. Turn on your stove and put the mixture over a low to medium heat and stir well. The flour will thicken quite fast and make sure that you adjust the heat accordingly.

4. When the mixture has thicken ( if it does not then you have to add in more sugi flour), turned off the stove and keep aside for cooling.

5. When the mixture has cooled, mold it into ball shapes one by one until finishes.

6. Serve with a coffee sauce that you have mixed with some sugar and water. Best if served chilled.

*serves 6-8 people

No comments: