Tuesday

Pompret with Soy Sauce

This is one of my favourite dishes that reminds me of my childhood. My mom use to make this dish when I was young that it has become one of the most sought after dishes even when I grow up. Every time I sample this dish, I would be brought back to the 'yesteryears' where life was simple and glee. Do try this simple dish but very delectable especially if you connects it with your childhood years. Enjoy!

Ingredients
2 pompret, washed and marinade with salt and turmeric
2 table spoon chilly paste
3 garlic, blend
2 big onions, blend
1 cm ginger, blend
1 table spoon sugar
salty soy sauce, as desired
sweet soy sauce, as desired
salt, if needed

Methods
1. Fry the pompret and put aside.

2. In a pan, fry the blended items until aromatic. Then put in the chilly paste. Stir well.

3. Let them simmer, before adding sugar, salt, soy sauce and some water, if needed.

4. Let it cook for a few minutes before putting in the fried pompret.

5. Serve with hot piping rice.

*serves 2-4 people

No comments: