Saturday

Apple Pie

My first attempt to make an apple pie was a few years ago. I do not make it often as I dread the idea of kneading a dough for the pastry. But nowadays, you can get a ready made pastry at the hypermarket, hence make my life easier. This recipe is one of them. I used a ready made pastry hence my preparation time is cut into half. Do try this very easy and simple recipe for your family! 

Ingredients
Ready made pastry, as required ( this depends on the size of your pie- I used 6 inch round tray for this recipe)


To be mixed together
6 green apples, peeled and cut into thin wedges
3 table spoon flour
3-4 table spoon cinnamon powder
4 table spoon sugar
2 table spoon brown sugar

*Mix all ingredients well.

Methods
1. In a pie tray, put in one layer of the pastry at the bottom and around the tray until it covers the whole tray. Pour in some green beans (to set the pastry) and bake for about 10-15 minutes before taking it out of the oven. Take out the green beans as well.

2. After that, add in the apple mixture into the tray and cover the top with another layer of pastry until it covers all surface. You can make some simple designs at the top layer depending on you own creativity.

3. Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, medium heat or until golden brown and the apples have turned soft.

4. Let it cool before serving.

*serves 4-6 people


No comments: