Friday

Kek Gula Hangus Kukus ( Steamed Caramalised Sugar Cake)

This is one of my favourite cakes. The first time I sampled this cake when I was an undergrad at University Malaya. We had an annual Art Exhibition which got some of my artwork exhibited and one of my colleagues baked this delicious cake for us all. Since then I have always wanted to try to make this cake but as time was flying by, I almost totally forgotten about it until recently when I got the recipe from a friend of mine. This was my first attempt of making this cake and voila! It turned out well! Do try!

Ingredients
1 cup flour
2 tea spoon bicarbonat soda
4 eggs
1 cup condensed milk

Caramalised Sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup hot water
2 table spoon butter

Methods
1. Firstly, prepare the caramalised sugar so you can let it cool. In a pan over a medium heat, add the sugar and cook until they turn sticky and brown. Then carefully add in the water and butter. Put aside and let it cool.

2. In a mixing pot, add in the flour and bicarbonat soda. Mix all ingredients well. Put aside.

3. In another bowl, mix the condensed milk with the eggs before adding in the flour mixture little by little.

4. Lastly, add in the cool caramalised sugar and stir well. Transfer the mixture into a baking mold and cover the top with a foil to avoid water drops.

5. Steam in a medium heat for about an hour.

*serves 4-6 people

No comments: