Monday

Durian Sweet Sauce (Sira Durian)

In my previous post, I have shared how to make durian broth with fish or locally known as gulai tempoyak ikan, and this time I will share with you how to make sweet desserts with durian. It is mild and sweet and is suitable taken with bread, glutinous rice or roti jala. Whenever I make this sira, as it is locally known, I will make double extra so I can put them in the fridge and take them with bread cold, as I prefer it that way. Besides durian sauce, you can also make sweet porridge like green beans or wheat porridge by using the same recipe. Do try!


Ingredients
3-5 durian flesh
1 cup of sugar or as desired
1 cup palm or brown sugar
1 1/2 litre coconut milk
2 screw pine leaves

Methods
1. Put all ingredients in a pot and cook until the sauce thickens. The thickness is up to your liking and when you have achieved your desired thickness, switch off the fire.

2. Serve with some bread, glutinous rice or roti jala.

*serves 6-8 people

No comments: