Tuesday

Hot Beef Fried Rice


I woke up this morning with a 'dreamy illussion' that I had to take something full for breakfast. Going to bed with an empty stomach gave me a very moody dreamy like feeling...that anytime my legs will become like jellies. The rattlings and rumblings of the empty stomach were a warning that it should be filled soon. I could hear the sound of the acidic counterparts somewhere in my middle area, fighting to say, "Hey...fill me up!". Not good for a woman in her late thirties who is depending on tons of fibres,vitamins and supplements to boost her weaning energy. She needs real food. Real food! Real food that can make her feel fit until the middle of the day.
So...with dreamy eyes, hair tied in a pony tail I headed towards the kitchen. What has to come first? I wanted something fast to cook and simply delicious and fulfilling at the same time. This is the only way I can feel 'kenyang' or full. I peeped inside the refrigerator. Hmm...chicken, fish, prawns, every little tiny bits and pieces of each of them. Hmm...my eyes roved to the right..a small bundle of red frozen meat captured my eyes. Walla! Meat...The last time I had a bite was maybe a month ago, so I knew this would be it. I knew I had rice leftovers the night before, and voila...this would be great for my fried rice!
And oh yes...I wanted something hot...and spicy...so I took out a packet of cili padi to boost my rice. If you would like to try this spicy fried rice with beef, well you can reduce the heat by cutting off the chilli...but that will not give you an ommpphh! Enjoy!
Hot Beef fried Rice
Ingredients
3 cups of cooked rice,leftovers would be okay
3 garlic,finely chopped
1 big onion,finely chopped
8 cili padi,finely pounded
1 handful of ikan bilis,finely pounded
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
300 gm beef, very thinly sliced
2 eggs, beaten
pepper
salt
dried onion, for garnishing
spring onions, for garnishing (finely sliced)
Methods
1. Put oil in a heated pan. When the pan is hot, put in chopped onion and garlic. Stir for 30 seconds.
2. Add in pounded ikan bilis, cili padi and beef. Stir until all are mixed and cooked.
3. Add oyster sauce,soy sauce,pepper and salt. Stir well.
4. Add in the rice, reduce the heat, and mix all ingredients until all are well mixed together.
5. Make a well in the middle and add beaten eggs.
6. Cook and mix the eggs with the rice. Increase the heat once all ingredients are well mixed.
7. For another minute, mix well or until the rice becomes a bit dry.
8. Serve with sliced cucumber,tomatoes and sambal belacan.
*Serve 3-4 people
*To make a milder version, reduce the cili padi or cut it off altogether, or substitute it with chilli paste. But the taste will be different!

No comments: