Thursday

Fluffy Pancake

My kids simply love pancakes. Normally, the pancakes would not reach the table by the time I finish with the cooking. I was looking at some old pancake photographs from my computer when my niece saw some of them and she quickly requested me to make some pancakes for her. She is staying with us for two weeks during the school holiday which will end until the first week of January. So, as not to disappoint her, I agreed. So, I prepared this very easy and simple fluffy pancakes that I learned from a friend of mine and they turned out great! Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups milk
4 Table spoon white vinegar
2 cup all-purpose flour
6 Table spoon white sugar
1 tea spoon baking powder
1/2 tea spoon baking soda
1/2 tea spoon salt
1 egg
4 Table spoon butter, melted

Methods
1. Mix milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.

2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.

3. Whisk egg and butter into the milk and vinegar mixture. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.

4. Heat a small skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray or a thin layer of butter. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.

*serves 6 small pancakes
If you want to make more pancakes, just double or triple the portion of the ingredients

No comments: