Sunday

Oat Pancake

I was hovering around the pantry looking for something to prepare for tea as my stomach was rumbling. Initially I was thinking to fry some anchovies and onions dumplings but changed my mind when I saw a big packet of leftovers oat sitting in the pantry for quite some time now. I had some self-raising flour from the last cake I baked, therefore I thought making oat pancakes would be suitable for the rainy evening. I managed to make a few pancakes but most of them had been taken up by my kids before they even reach the plates! I drizzled some honey and raisins to enhance the taste of the soft pancakes. Do try!

Ingredients
3 cups of instant oats
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup fresh milk
4 table spoon sugar
juice from 1 orange

Garnishing
Honey
Raisins

Methods
1. Mix all ingredients into a loose batter and fry one by one in a frying pan until golden brown.

2. Arrange the pancakes in a serving plate and drizzle some honey and scatter some raisins before serving with your favourite hot tea.

*serves 2-4 people

No comments: