Monday

A Happy Get Together!

It would be very seldom that me and my siblings and in laws would eat out together because normally we would either eat at home or have takeaways. But this time, I gave the suggestion that we all should spend some time to eat at a good hotel or restaurant as a big family and had a different ambiance to our dining experience. The idea started when I took my two kids to a breakfast buffet at Hotel Sri Malaysia in Taiping a week ago and I thought since my brother and his family were coming, we should try the buffet. But the idea to take them to the same hotel changed as my sister in law was worried if her kids would not be able to get up too early in the morning since it was a school holiday. So, we then decided to take lunch instead at a hotel by the lake called Flemington Hotel.

The food was superb! With the portion that they serve, it was equal with the price that they offer. The three decker sandwiches were served with some fries. The tuna sandwiches were light although I prefer more peppery taste to them, well after taking one small bite from my daughter who ordered them. I had a slightly sour spaghetti bolognaise but the taste was good as what I do at home. Fish and chips was served in a big portion with the crunchy outside layer. My mom and daughter had a tasty and creamy mushroom soup with a hint of minty flavour which was slightly different than what they normally have. The chicken pinatta was delicious with tomato based sauce and some pasta at the bottom. But the highlight was the special fried rice that came together with two satay sticks, chicken wings, crackers and fried egg with a side sambal belacan dip for that extra ommph that could fill your stomach the whole day! Top it up with some iced lychee that they served in a jar, I guess the bills were worth the food after all!

Next week, my sister would drop by and we have planned ahead to stay in a chalet and enjoy the food there. But that will be another story!

No comments: