Monday

Banana Oat Dumplings ( Jemput-Jemput Pisang dan Oat)

I like to improvise my cooking based on what I have in the pantry. Luckily, today I got some ripe bananas and was thinking to make banana dumplings or jemput-jemput pisang which is a famous local delicacy for tea or breakfast. As I was looking through the rest of the ingredients, my eyes caught a packet of oat which I have bought weeks earlier. In an instant, I decided to mix the oat with the bananas and see if there would make any difference to the original banana dumplings. The result was unbelievable. The dumplings were softer and since there were some oats in it, they become slightly mushy and milky which surprisingly was up to my liking. If you would like a sweet and filling dumplings for tea or breakfast, I would suggest you try this recipe. Besides, it is healthy too! Enjoy!

Ingredients
8-10 ripe bananas
1 cup of oats
2 cups of flour
a pinch of salt
1 table spoon sugar
1 tea spoon bicarbonate soda
water
Oil, for frying

Methods

1. Peel off the bananas and mash them until soft.

2. Add salt, sugar, oats, flour and bicarbonate soda to the mashed banana and mix well with water.

3. When the mixture is ready, scoop the mixture with a spoon to form a round shape before frying the dumplings in a hot non-stick pan until golden brown.

4. Serve with a hot cup of tea in the evening or any time you wish.

*serves 4-6 people



No comments: