Wednesday

Rice Pudding

The first time I sampled this pudding was when I visited Egypt a few years ago. And ever since, I like to make this simple dish every time I feel like consuming something soft and sweet as the ingredients would normally be in the pantry. I have been having a stomach upset since a few days ago, and I decided to cook this pudding today to give me some liquid and energy that I have lost for being sick. Moreover, I did not feel like eating anything solid hence this pudding would be perfect. Enjoy!



Ingredients
1/4 cup rice, cooked with enough water until tender
3 cups fresh milk
10-12 Table spoon sugar
1 Table spoon corn flour (mixed with water to dilute the flour)
1 tea spoon cinnamon powder
1 tea spoon rose water
a handful of raisins/sultanas

Methods
1. In a pot, cook the rice with enough water until tender.

2. Add in the fresh milk and cook until the rice is very soft and almost dissolved.

3. Add in sugar and stir well.

4. Add in cinnamon powder and raisins and cook until the raisins are tender.

5. Lastly, add in the corn flour, rose water and stir well for another minute.

6. Serve in a small individual bowl and sprinkle some raisins and cinnamon powder before chilling it in the fridge for a few hours before serving.

*serves 2-4 people

No comments: