Monday

Egg Salad

Even though I don't make this salad often, it is still one of my favourite salads. My mom used to make egg salad with some dollops of tomato sauce on top of the boiled eggs, cucumber and fresh tomatoes that were nicely arranged in a serving dish. Although it was simple I love the taste of all the combinations. Often, I reminiscent the old days that I had enjoyed this salad so much that I decided to capture that moment again. This egg salad that I am sharing with you is an inspiration of that childhood memories that I had but with a twist. I have added extra ingredients like croutons and have prepared a special salad dressing that is more that a dollop of tomato sauce that my mom used to make. It was in fact an egg salad of my own invention. And the outcome was unbelievable! The taste and the combinations of all ingredients went very well with each other and I am very happy and satisfied that my kids loved it and emptied the plates in seconds! Do try!

Ingredients
3 hard boiled eggs, halved
2 tomatoes, cubed
1 cucumber, cubed
1 table spoon apple cider
salt, to taste
pepper
Italian herbs
4 bread, cubed and saute in butter until golden brown (croutons)

Salad Sauce
3 garlic, thinly sliced
1 big onion, thinly sliced
1 tomato, thinly sliced
2 table spoon tomato sauce
1 table spoon chilli sauce

Methods
1. Mix the cubed tomatoes and cucumber with the apple cider vinegar. Put aside.

2. Prepare the sauce by frying the garlic and big onions in some hot oil. Add in the thinly sliced tomato and cook until soft.

3. Add the tomato and chilli sauce and stir well. Add salt to taste.

4. In a serving dish, put the marinade vegetables (tomatoes and cucumber marinade with apple cider vinegar) in the middle of the dish.

5. Arrange the hard boiled eggs that have been cut into half on one side.

6. On the other side of the plate, arrange the croutons (saute bread with butter).

7. Pour the salad sauce that has been cooled over the eggs and the rest of the ingredients.

8. Sprinkle some pepper and Italian herbs on top and mix all the ingredients well before serving.

*serves 2-3 people

No comments: