Tuesday

A Weekend in Tarbush

The morning was rather lame. Everybody was lazying in front of the television. My little angels were giggling and playing with their niece, oblivious to the surrounding. Having spent the last two days at my sister's house (which I will tell later in my blog), this time me, my mum and my two little angels spent a couple of days at our 'hideaway' place before returning home.

While sipping tea, mum suggested we go to Mydin at USJ 1. Her favourite is the food court. Good price. Good varieties. Hmm...I had planned to go to Subang Parade alone. The RM5o coupon of Hush Puppies shoes was still folded inside my purse. My intention was to go shopping and spend on shoes, perfume and clothing.Hmm...The mid year Sale turned my eyes sideways. I had planned this since a month ago.

But who can deter what fate has got in store for you. Mum and brother were discussing when out of the blue, someone suggested we went to Sunway Pyramid. I did not remember who. Or maybe I was not paying attention. But what I remember, my plans to go shopping at Subang Parade was marred by the lure of Sunway Pyramid. Soon, without knowing what came first, all of us were cramped into one car heading to the land of the pharoah...oh...I mean the miniature one.

The mood was rather solemn. Everybody was hungry. The RM 1000 in my purse was still there. When we arrived, lunch was at the back of the mind. And, voila! I suggested we tried this Lebanese Cafe in Marakkesh Alley so as to quench the mystical side of me. As I was paying, everybody had to follow.

Soon, we were sitting in this lush and exotic stripe seats or cushions amid arabic decor and display. Tarbush Cafe. Maybe taken from the hat...as I forgot to ask why it was named Tarbush. The waitress was pleasant, helping us out with the menus. I was at awe. How can I choose from all the lists from starters to desserts. Finallly, after arguing and discussing, we settled for the Fettush Salad, Maroukesh Chicken, Tarbush Grill...I forgot the name, it seems the favourite of the customers. We tried the Grill spring chicken, crispy falafel and the dessert...forgot the name again...but a soft milky dessert resembles a white milky jelly with crushed pistachios on top.

Wow! The food filled us all! They were up to my taste and likings. The garlic sauce was perfect. The chicken and meat tender. The bread were soft and the drinks were superb! (If only the glasses could be bigger, if compared to the price$$$). I could not finish my salads. My tummy was too full to stuff any more food. Eventhough one of my angels was busying herself playing hide and seek under the table, eating only a few bites of chicken...I was okay. She was only interested in the small pond...and the fish...and her older sister. But I was too busy filling my stomach that I almost forgot that she was under the table most of the time!

Besides the perfect and exotic food, I love the ambience. I like the decor and the tiles that I stepped on. The pond was small but it reminded me of the mystical interest that I have in mediterranean and islamic art and decor since a long time ago...since I learned the beauty of art through the ages at the university,especially. I will definitely come again. Although it emptied my purse and robbed me a whopping RM 238...I enjoyed every minute munching and biting every flavour that came from the food. I will scout for more foreign taste...and hopefully, it will bring me a great feeling as this one.

No comments: