Friday

The Best Birthday Bash Ever!




This month is the month of birthdays! I have told my daughters that they would not have their birthday anymore once they reach seven. But when the month of March arrived, I could not keep that promise. My eldest did not have her birthday last year, but her younger sister celebrated her birthday in November. Hence, that guilt did hang over me and has been haunting me. Moreover, her sister got a sweet barbie doll like pink cake that stood out romantically on the table and she got none. Without noticing it, I started to plan birthdays for her to make up for the lost birthday the previous year.

When I told this plan to my sister and invited her to come, she suggested that we make a joint birthday party for her three year old daughter. And later on my mother suggested that we celebrated the birthday of my one year old nephew as well. All in one day!

And the rest was history. I started to scribble some notes and menus for that day and was visualizing the birthday cake that would be suitable for the three adorable kids. It took me to two bakeries and in the end I chose a three tier cake that I thought would cherish the special day. All of the family members were there. We had memorable get together events that have been long overdue. And the kids got uncountable gifts and it was almost like Christmas!

The menus were a mixture of everything. From the moist satay and peanut sauce, to sweet desserts of cupcakes and decorated cookies. Not to forget curry puffs, spring rolls, fried rice topped up with zesty iced orange juice, fresh fruits and of course the delectable orange and chocolate birthday cake!

It all ended well and I was smiling with glee and satisfaction. But the most memorable ones was of course the gathering of the whole family from all corners to celebrate this best birthday bash ever!


1 comment:

Christina Kim said...

What a coincidence, one thing leads to another and in the end, you get lots of food and an enjoyable celebration!~ :)