200ml coconut milk
500g beef bone marrow, cut into 1-2cm
50g dried shrimp, finely pounded
50g dried anchovies, finely pounded
1 packet beef cube (optional)
2 carrots, cubed
2 potatoes, cubed
2 lemon grass, thinly sliced or finely pounded
2 big red onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic, thinly sliced
5 cardamon pods
1 cinnamon stick
20g/ 1 tea spoon halba mix (halba herbs)
2 table spoon oil
1 litre plain water, or as desired
1. Wash the rice 3 times, strain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in stock pot, saute onion, garlic, beef bones and beef cube. Mix in halba herbs, lemon grass, cinnamon stick, cardamon pods, dried shrimp and dried anchovies.
3. Saute until fragrant. Add plain water and rice and boil for 1 hour or until the rice is very tender. Add more water along the way if desired.
4. Put in potato and carrot cubes. Lower the heat to avoid burning the mixture.
5. Add coconut milk, chopped coriander leaf, deep-fried shallots, spring onions and serve in a bowl.
serves 2-4 people